Monday 4 April 2016

Flipped Classroom

Exited to start my week off facilitating a forum discussion on the Flipped Classroom. I'm a bit nervous, as I have never done this before. I think it will be very interesting and will give me lots of opportunity to grow as a instructor/facilitator. Looking forward to see how it goes.

Do you know what a Flipped Classroom is? In this forum I explain the basic concept and will update you throughout this blog, what I learn from my classmates!


Flipped Classroom…What is it?

The flipped classroom is a pedagogical model in which the typical lecture and homework elements of a course are reversed. Direct instruction moves from the group learning space to the individual learning pace. It is then brought into the classroom and transformed into a more engaging, interactive learning environment. It is here where the educator guides students as they apply what they had learned before coming into the classroom.

It is simply defined as “School work at home and home work at school”.

There is an article from the Flipped Learning Network where they talk about The Four Pillars of F-L-I-P.
The question I start out with is the following:


In this article it states that the role of the Educator is even more important in a flipped classroom, as well as demanding.  Have any of you used this approach in your classrooms and do you find this statement to be true? What have your experiences been in teaching this way?

 


 

Citation: Flipped Learning Network (FLN). (2014) The Four Pillars of F-L-I-P

No comments:

Post a Comment